Sunday, August 25, 2013

Twenty Three (23)

"I am getting older" is what I keep telling myself every time I face a new situation that not only depresses me, but leaves me hanging there with no clue on how to react nor what to say. We lose our beloved ones to death (or any other shattering cause for that matter). When we get older we start experiencing things that we thought we would never have to face. ever. 

But is it really about age? Is that how "23" is supposed to feel like? After  on-going conversations I was lucky enough to have with warmhearted family members, amazing friends and lovely coworkers I came to one understanding: we are just bringing our conscious more into the situations we're facing, and  -yes- because we are  getting older and we are encountering more people day by day. We are getting more exposed to what is happening "out there" and we cannot escape it for several reasons that I am sure we are well aware of. What is surrounding us is no longer distant, it has become a part of our daily life. Not a single person I know is not facing what I am but with different angles. Let it be a loss of a friend and/or a family member, a break up or even weight loss/gain issues.

I am sad. I am angry. I am frustrated. I am a walking mix of emotions (like any one of you). On top of it all I am thankful. Immensely thankful that I will never have to face any of those situations alone. I am thankful to each and every single one of you.

Lots of love from me to you xoxo

M.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment